Vertical growing hydroponics
Vertical growing systems are designed to maximise space – Verti-Gro©, America’s unique hydroponic vertical growing system can accommodate up to six times as many plants in a square area than traditional gravel beds or NFT systems. Verti-Gro© is ideal for those with space constrictions or those with poor soil unsuitable for growing.
What is Verti-Gro©?
Consisting of a US patented design, and manufactured under licence in South Africa, polysterene pots lock into one another to form a stack up to nine pots high. This column can accommodate 36 plants – or more, if they’re smaller herbs. This intensive hydroponics system includes savings on:
- Land – more plants per square metre than any other system
- Fuel, tractor and labour costs – no tilling and prepping soil for planting
- Fertiliser, lime and insecticide costs
- Plastic and tunnel costs
- Water, via recirculating pump
- Capital, through the re-use of pots.
But that’s not all! The Verti-Gro© vertical growing method offers:
- Faster, easier picking
- Less weeding
- Lower pest and disease infestation, which means higher yields
- Less fruit culling, which means a greater production of perfect fruit.
Start growing vertically
Verti-Gro© is the ideal outlet for a beginner or hobbyist hydroponic grower to hone their skills!
The Verti-Gro© Home Hydroponic Garden is ideal for the suburban farmer with space restrictions. But it can also be used in even smaller spaces, such as patios and balconies, and is perfectly suited for growing lettuce, celery and herbs, or even flowers.